2022 Upcoming E G S Meeting Schedule
- 01-17-2022 EGS Meeting cancelled due to COVID issues.
- 02-21-2022 “Researching Your Irish Roots” by Andrea Aven, EGS member and Past President
- 03-21-2022 “Historical Perspective on Nancy Drew: The Nostalgia and Modernization of America’s Teenage Sleuth” by Amy Stephens, Director of the Edmond Historical Society
- 04-18-2022 “Oklahoma Capitol Restoration Project” by Trait Thompson, Executive Director, OK Historical Society
- 05-16-2022 “Using Masonic Records in your Genealogy Research” by Robert Davis
- 06-20-2022 Field trip to the UCO Laboratory of Museum, 2:00pm hosted by Heidi Vaughn, Director, Laboratory of History Museum at UCO. Visit this link for more information: www.uco.edu/cla/departments/history-geography/laboratory-of-history-museum
- TBD date: “Do it Yourself Family History and Genealogy Gifts” by Jan Beattie, EGS President
The next Edmond Genealogical Society (EGS) meeting on Monday, 5-16-2022, and will feature speaker Robert Davis, Secretary Emeritus of the Guthrie Scottish Rite Bodies and author, who will speak about using Masonic Records in your Genealogy Research. Mr. Davis writes and speaks extensively on topics relating to all the Rites of Freemasonry.
Watch the Facebook page for the latest meeting information due to weather, COVID or other related updates.
EGS is celebrating it's 30th year !
All EGS meetings are held the third Monday of the month, except for the month of December. A social time begins at 6:00 pm with the main program at 6:30 pm. Each meeting has a different speaker and presentation ranging from a wide variety of topics. Monthly meetings are held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, located at 15700 N. Penn, Oklahoma City.
Membership is open to anyone interested in historical or genealogical research. See the Join EGS tab for more information on joining the EGS family. The EGS Board of Directors meetings are held on the second Monday of each month. Please visit our EGS Facebook page for the latest announcements about Edmond Genealogical Society and postings of interest about genealogy and history.